T.G.I.F. Thirsty Girl

Brian   November 16, 2012   36 Comments on T.G.I.F. Thirsty Girl

Special Needs Kitten Needs a Special Home – Greenville, SC

Ditched by a Rescue, Miss Kitty and her Baby Need a Foster or Forever Home Immediately –Greenville, SC

Once again my friend Friday was slow in getting here, but at least it finally did show up. We’re not even into winter yet and already us furries in the South are getting tired of the cold stuff. It just gets dark way too early to suit me. It just seems like all we do is eat, drink and sleep. Hmmmmm, I guess it’s not too bad after all. Speaking of drinking, that leads me to the T.G.I.F. for today…Thirsty Girl is Fearful.

Brian's Home. Adopt cats, we deserve it!

We all love our fresh water, and Sister Gracie is no exception. Sister Gracie loves to drink out of the big bowl that I call “The Pond”. It actually is the water bowl that belonged to two big doggies that used to live here. I know that because on the back side it has the letters DOG on it. Me, I love our ceramic fountain, and so does Sister Sascha. But Sister Gracie is afraid of the fountain. You should see her trying to sneak up on it and then, just when she gets close, she turns around and high tails it away. I keep telling her it’s the best drink in the house, but she is scared of it for some reason. The other day she worked her way up to it and I actually thought she was going to have her first fountain drink, but nope, she chickened out at the last second. Even Sisters Zoe and Dolly will drink out of it occasionally, but they actually seem to prefer “The Pond” as well. What about you, what kind of drinking stations do you have at your house?

Hey, before I go, you know what we’re doing this weekend? We’re putting up our Christmas Tree, or so I hear. That is super exciting and the Christmas Tree is one of my favorite things! I hope you all have terrific weekend!!! Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it! More Forever Homes More Often!!!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

36 thoughts on “T.G.I.F. Thirsty Girl

1. Marg

We just have water bowls all over the place. That is interesting that you are afraid of the water fountain. Does it say bad things to you Gracie??
    Wow that is exciting to put up the tree. Hope there are tons of little goodies you can knock off of it. Take care.

2. Feeling Beachie - Hilary

Today is the first AM that I am able to visit, and I am so happy that Gracie was here to welcome me back to the blogging world…. Give that girl a kiss from me, and one to everyone else as well….

I am sorry that Gracie is scared of the fountain. If Alex had more time with her he would have helped. There was nothing he liked more than fresh water. I have to email you something…

3. Tamago

Eat, drink, and sleep always sound good 🙂
    Niko prefers to drink from water bowl rather than fountain, too. Goro loves fountain…but more for playing rather than drinking!

4. Laila and Minchie

We have a water bowl next to our food bowl but we prefer water from the bathroom sink. Poor Sister Gracie! Hopefully one day she will overcome her fear of the fountain and learn to love to drink from it.

5. The Island Cats

We’ve got a fountain that we have learned to like, but we also have a couple of regular bowls of water as well. We’ll drink out of all of them. And the mom adds water to our stinky goodness to make sure we get enough H2O.

You’re putting up your tree already?? Wow, we’ll be lucky to get ours up before Christmas…but that’s because Ernie likes to climb it.

Wally

6. Clarissa & Co.

We have several water bowls around the house to drink from. However, Fred likes to drink water from the sink. He would drink from the toilet if mom would let him – ewwww.

Hmmm…Christmas tree…we haven’t had one of those for a few years…maybe that will change this year!

7. Pat Hatt

Pat got us a big dog bowl too, we suck the water down quite fun with it and throw out toys into it as well. No fountain though, that would scare little old me haha christmas tree already? Bet that wil be knocked down in no time haha

8. Random Felines

we plan to sleep through the cold weather as well!!

Mom has thought about one of those ceramic fountains but hasn’t found one she likes that fits the budget. We use 2 big ceramic dishes here. They have to be heavy enough to stop certain cats from dragging the bowls around the house and getting water everywhere. 🙂

9. prancer pie

No fountain for us, because of Princeton and his wild “bathing” habits. No tree for us either. You got it, because of Princeton! Do we see a pattern here? MOL! Hope you kittehz have a great Friday. XOXO

10. Father Tom

We have a lot of water bowls around, but the favorites are not what was made for us kitties, but what our human uses. We have the coolest soup bowls, minus the soup!

Putting up the Christmas tree sounds like a good idea to us!

Tom, Mom Julie, Tinker, Mitty & Anastasia

11. Whisppy

After Cosmo’s 2nd blockage, Mommy bought us a fountain. Which the both of us (Cosmo and Ling) ignored. We thought it was really scary the way it kept bubbling.
    Mommy says we might put up the Christmas tree this year but Daddy’s nervous just thinking what Tutu would do….

12. CatonsvilleCats

We have water casseroles here, because at least one or two cats like to drag the bowls around, which makes a Mess. The casseroles are harder to drag. We tried one of those water cooler looking things with a bowl underneath, but one of our cats loved to play in it so much that I’d come home and find the cooler empty and a huge puddle – I caught her once with her paw up into the bottle up to the elbow! So we have to reduce the possible ways to play with the water, and casseroles sitting inside other casseroles seem to have solved all our issues…

13. Sparkle

I have a pretty ceramic fountain that my human got me last year… that she hasn’t set up yet! She is scared the dog will drink it dry and ruin the motor (she has done it with nearly every one of our prior fountains). So she has been trying to think up a place that I can get to easily but the dog can’t. So far, no luck!

14. caspersmom

Such sweet kitties. I pray that they all find forever homes. God Bless you again for all you do in trying to find them homes. I also want to thank you so much for stopping by when I post so rarely now to make a comment. I would like to get back into it since I still have Cleopatra but it seems like other things just seem to
    get in the way. It’s people like you that really make blogging so great. Thank you again.

Cleo here: I have a pond too, it’s in the kitchen but I mostly drink water out of the little bowl of water Mom has in her bathroom for me. Keeps her busy filling it. Hee Hee.

15. Cat's Cats

Can’t wait to see your tree!!! We have water everywhere in this house…almost everyone uses the fountain but we have a few “ponds” too which are quite popular. It’s good to stay hydrated kitties 🙂

16. Fraidy Cats!

Brian, our mom got a fountain for us but the noise of it scared us! it’s been off ever since 😀 We use ponds too, but then our mom also adds a lot of water to our stinky goodness so we don’t drink a whole lot besides. We bet Gracie will muster the courage yet 🙂 How fun that you are getting your Christmouse tree this weekend! our mom can’t wait to decorate this year…but she’s trying to wait until after Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend!

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

17. Grrreta

We love your Friday posts because we can’t wait to see what TGIF stands for each week. We are always impressed with your creativity. We like your pond. We have a ceramic fountain that we all love, but we also have a big bowl that we like to play in more than drink from.

18. Jet

Hey Brian, Jet here.

Funny you should mention drinking options for your sisters… we’re posting about that tomorrow! Came about naturally after our constitutional this evening…

Have fun with the tree… bet there’s some mischief potential!

19. Glogirly & Katie

I’ve been campaigning lately for a fountain. Until then I’m just going to keep making Glogirly turn on the faucet for me in the bathtub.
    ; ) Katie

(((purrs))) for Miss Kitty & her baby. We’ve shared, but don’t really know anyone in that area. : (

20. Cathy Keisha

You need to do like Pop’s friend does. He has a Halloween tree which becomes a Thanksgiving tree and finally a Christmas tree. Then you can have it up 3 months. I don’t drink water. We have a fountain and once I tried to drink out of it but I try to bite the water so I don’t get any. When I go in the bathroom, I try to bite the running water also.

21. Spitty the Kitty

See, now that’s what my Human is afraid of! She keeps thinking of buying me one of those nice fountains, but they’re kind of spendy and I’m such a coward she thinks I’ll freak out from the noise or the motion and not go near it. So far, I am stuck with just my regular water bowls. Sigh. I think a fountain MIGHT be fun, but I also think it might scare me.