Thankful Thursday: Choices

Brian's Home.  Adopt cats, we deserve it!I sure am thankful to have lots of choices when it comes to toys.  But that got me thinking.  I am so very thankful for all of the choices I have in my life.  Goodness, I have a choice of wet food or dry food, I have a choice of pure filtered water from a fountain or from several bowls, I have a choice to snooze in my bed, in my cat tree, in my other cat tree, or in my other cat tree.  I also have a choice to run down the hall or to slowly walk down the hall.  And let’s not forget bird, squirrel and feral cat TV where I have a choice of fabulous viewing spots.  I also have a terrific choice of places to enjoy sunpuddles.

Choices are wonderful, and they are particularly important when it comes to helping other critters.  We can choose to help or we can choose to not help.  We will always choose to help those less fortunate than we are, even if it is in some little way.  Hopefully a whole lot of little can add up to one big happy for someone.  Choices are good, and we are thankful every single day that we have been given the opportunity to choose.

Speaking of choices, Sister Dolly has her eye on this pile of toys.  I wonder what she is going to choose to do.  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

This entry was posted in adopt cats, Brian, thankful thursday and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Thankful Thursday: Choices

1. Mr Puddy says:

Brain, I am thankfully the same thing as you and I hope many human will make a nice choice to help more kitties out there who are need home.
    Purrs for them

2. We hope’s Humans will make the right choices :) Wow you sure got some cool toys xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

3. Brian – when we think about your blog message it seems so unfair that some of us cats have wonderful lives but there are many who unfortunately have no homes or families to take care of them. We try to donate food to local charities who take care of them and Mum donates to the Cats Protection League in the UK.

4. Yes, many cats have a better life than many humans. We need to makes things better for the less fortunate cats and humans.

5. Marg says:

That is such a good idea Brian to help the homeless animals find homes. It is so sad all the ones that are in shelters. You do have a great life there and we are so glad that you do. Brian, your Dad does so many wonderful things to help the homeless animals. Take care.

6. Brian, you are so right… And you and your family do help so many…. Speaking of choices, I am so glad about the choices we have made too, even though the first step was hard, and the tears keep coming.

7. Pat Hatt says:

It does all come down to us and the choices we make, lucky to have so many indeed. Doesn’t mean you have to share though haha

8. Dear Brian,
    That is a very nice post
    Thanks God we have wonderful lives
    Have a terrific day, little friend
    Lots of Purrs from
    Pepi, Xixo, Juja and Jujuba

9. mariodacat says:

Oh pal, what a great post and you are the purfect example of helping others. You do wonderful work and we admire you and your family as you give so much to the animal community.

10. easy rider says:

Great post Brian – I’ll hope a lot of people will make the choice to help animals ;o)

11. Fabulous post! But hows I not gets a choice between wet and dry food? I just knoews mum was holdin’ out on me.

Puddles

12. We kitties are truly lucky to have so many great choices that our humans make available to us.

13. Loki says:

Brian,

It’s so true, we are lucky. And hopefully some friends will become lucky too!

Loki

14. good post…..it is always good to remember that we can choose to something or nothing. :) And we suspect Sister Dolly is gonna choose to get a toy!!

15. Katie Isabella says:

Brian, I love reading of yours and your sisfurs gratitude. Mom and I feel that way every day too. XXOO

16. I like to have choices, too. Choices are a good thing, I think. purrs

17. Madi and Mom says:

Brian you are a smart man!! We often take our indoor life for granted!!
    Hugs Madi

18. We should all be hap-pee we have choices. Many pups and kits and peoples don’t!

19. This week we are thankful to be back commenting on line. We’ve missed all our friends during the month while we were watching hh paint 24/7. Good to be back with friends.

Have a great day.

hugs, Max, Bugsy, and Knuckles

20. da tabbies o trout towne says:

dood…just say noe ta burd tee vee…itza bad choize….trooly…we wood knot lie bout sum thin like this

21. Brian dood, we’re kinda wondering what choices she’s gonna make too. Allie always CHOOSES to grow at Faraday. I choose to stay outta her way!

22. Remy says:

Those are very good choices to have, Brian! So many things to be thankful for :)

23. Lots of choices are great Brian :-)

Oink oink,
    Katie and Coccolino the mini pig

24. Sparkle says:

I am happy I choose to read your blog every day, Brian! :)

25. OK, here is a cool choice, I’ll take pretty Sascha off your hands…….WINK! Thomas =^Y^=

26. Those really look like a good, colorful bunch of toys. Looks like enough to share! Purrs and hugs from the kitties at http://www.thecatonmyhead.com, Lily Olivia, Misty May, Mauricio, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

27. At our house, Kirby has the choice of making Angel cry or of time out! He usually chooses wrong!

28. Choices are wonderful thinsg! And every bit helps!

29. Marilia says:

Beautiful toys you have Brian!!!!

30. Maggie says:

That’s a very good reminder, wise Brian.
    Love,
    Maggie

31. Mark's Mews says:

We are also very thankful fer all OUR choices too Brian. Thank you fer reminding us of that.

32. Great to have so many choices. Nicely put Brian. We are all indeed lucky. We wish well for those who are not.
    Have a terrific thankful Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

33. You are right Brian, we are lucky to have so many choices. We are glad we are able to choose to try to help others too.

34. Just having choices to make is wonderful for us. So many kitties don’t have a choice.

35. I make some choices too and sometimes I choose to let some people live :)

I’m sorry…that was my “evil twin”…I couldn’t agree with you more Brian!! :)

36. Abby says:

Brian you are right and you made us realize how thankful we are too.

37. Sagira says:

You do have lots of choices to make

38. Adan & Lego says:

Choices are making our life very different~
    And, meeting you :)

39. Catherine says:

It’s a wonderful gift to live in countries where we have choices! And in a home with so many lovely toys! :)
    xo Catherine

40. Brian, what a thoughtful post. We are grateful to have the choices we do…and that we can choose to help those less fortunate than us.

41. Cathy Keisha says:

Looks like you also have a choice between Silvervine and nip too!

42. Oui Oui says:

We are so grateful for the great choices we have. We believe most poeple try to make good choices as well.

We agree with you about Spencer too. He deserves better and we hope he finds it. One of the two people involved should be having second thoughts.

43. siku marie says:

We, too, are fortunate and have LOTS of choices…and for that we are grateful. We believe that every time any creature makes a choice to help others or be kind or stop a wrong, no matter how tiny that step is, that it helps make a difference in the world. Let’s keep on spreading positivity and hope by our actions.

44. Ann Paws says:

That is a lot of choices! It’s good to have a lot of options as a kitty cat.

45. Oh Brian, we ‘greez! I try to remind my Human to choose to do the good things more often! Mostly, she listens to me….she’s afraid not to, MOL!

46. Clooney says:

Brian, that is a very thought-provoking and wonderful post. We, here at my house, are very lucky kitties to have so many choices in our day.

47. Whisppy says:

We are glad we have a choice to make choices. :)

48. savannah says:

Why I could be thankful for most of those things to Brian. How fortunate are we?! And as for me, I don’t have to share any of it….so far

49. WOw which one are you going to pick first to play with????