Thankful Thursday: Curiosity Troubles Are Not Always True

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it

I know what you’re thinking.  Curiosity?  Didn’t that end badly for the cat?  Although sometimes that can be true, more often than not it isn’t true at all.  I’ll admit, I am curious too, but in my case, so far anyways, it has served me well.  I have made friends everywhere simply by being curious.  You see, if I visit a blog and I see a name in the comments that I don’t recognize, that gets my curiosity going.  I just have to go take a look and see who it is.  I might just meet a new friend, but if I wasn’t curious and didn’t go look, I might just miss one grand opportunity.  You may have had this happen to you, someone new leaves a comment on your blog but they left the blog address blank.  Who is that?  Do they have a blog?  Are they a blog reader just stopping by?  I almost always got to ask them, that is if they left an email address.  I have made some wonderfully terrific friends that way.

I have lots of kitty and woofie friends, rabbit friends, donkey friends, ferret friends, duck friends, bird friends, piggy friends, and human friends.  I was connected with lots of them simply because the I am curious.  I am thankful for that!!!  So next time you hear that old saying, remember, curiosity can sometimes be a good thing!

Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

This entry was posted in adopt cats, Brian, thankful thursday and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to Thankful Thursday: Curiosity Troubles Are Not Always True

1. We have found a lot of our friends by clicking on new people’s links when we see them in the comments section of the blogs we visit! In fact, I believe that’s how I found your blog, Brian! We enjoy making new friends and love to go look at new bloggies as well as visit our “old” great friends :)

Carmine and Milita

2. Whisppy says:

You’re right about that Brian! Curiosity was how we met so many of our friends too! Sometimes we get comments from people without an email or blog address which makes us sad because we can’t go and say hi.

3. We have made so many buddie’s too by clicking on other links. We just loves making new furinds :) Happy Thursday xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

4. We are curious about commenters on other blogs, too, Brian!

Thank you for your kind words of condolence for Cousin Nellie. The purrs of the cat blogosphere have been a great comfort in this sad time.

5. We’ve met a lot of friends that way too!!

Please stop by our blog today, we gave you an award!!

6. and sometimes your curiosity, like yesterday, makes your friends feel so loved!

7. Ann Paws says:

I love doing the same thing! I have also met some good bloggy friends that way.

8. Pat Hatt says:

Yep, that is how it works for us too. Hopping around to each blog zoo. Curiousity may have killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back.

9. Katie Isabella says:

That’s how Admiral found YOU so long ago. xoxox

10. CCL Wendy says:

Yes, I agree that curiosity is a good thing. I also admire your ability to make and keep all these friends. I don’t know how you can possibly comment on all your friends’ blogs every day, though. It would take up your entire day.

What’s your secret?

11. We will remember that all day, especially when Cocco curiously checks out the garbage :-)

Oink oink,
    Katie and Coccolino the mini pig

12. Marg says:

That is so very true Brian. We love to click on other comments and meet lots of kitties and doggies and peeps. It is really fun to do that.
    Hope all of you have a great day and watch out for the ice tomorrow. Take care.

13. Loki says:

I know what you mean Brian. Sometime it is a good thing but sometime it’s not.

Oh Brian, you’re so wise!

Loki

14. And that’s exactly what blogging is all about!

15. We do that too…..”hey that is a new name”. Or if we get a new follower we wander over to check them out. :) Always good to be curious about new friends….

16. Gin and Bailey says:

We love that about you Brian….that you love all pets (& people) That’s how we found you some years back. We appreciate it so much that when a pet doesn’t have a blog & has a special contest or some special occasion, they can let you know & we’ve seen you put dozens of pets on your blog to make them feel special.

17. So true…that’s how we met you! Making new animals and animal lover friends is the best. They don’t get glassy-eyed when we go on-and-on about our fur kids. Purrs and hugs.

18. Sparkle says:

Curiosity is a good thing! Especially when it comes to blogging and finding new friends. :)

19. Jacqueline says:

You guys are all such wonderful friends=we feel lucky to be included in that group!…love and hugs, sweeties…xoxo…Calle, Halle, Sukki

20. Yep.. we look at it that way too…. Curiosity equals opportunity.

HH doesn’t always see it that way though.

Have a great day.

hugs, Max, Bugsy and Knuckles

21. I also do that . If someone strange who I dont know visits I go and visit them and say hello. It does make for more friends and the more the better i say.. Hugs GJ xx

22. Remy says:

I think you’re right Brian! Curiosity has helped me find lots of friends too…and some tasty crumbs hiding in the kitchen :)

23. da tabbies o trout towne says:

dood…we iz thanx ful for R curious ness two coz we kinda sorta did de same thing when we furst joined blogsland…..we just got curious…N went N visited sum blogs…now we be sharin trout, flounder, steaks, burgers N mackeral ona sorta kinda all most day lee basis !!! :) oh, N pizza piez N sghetti N ham samiches N donuts two !!

24. That has happened to me! And it bugs me soooo much! Because I want them to know I appreciate their comment, and the time they took to write it by visiting their blog at the least, and responding which I do anyways to anyone who takes the time to visit me, but how can I if they don’t leave their url anywhere. That is actually funny because I have seen you Brian a lot in bloggies I regularly visit and comment and it is that that made me come and check you and your lovely blog out! :) Anyways nice to meet your Brian you are such a pretty kitty, beautiful markings!

25. speedyrabbit says:

Curiosity has all ways done me well too Brian!xx Speedy

26. It’s so cool to meet new bloggers and people and critters! You know, everyone always forgets the second half of that saying (except Pat Hatt above) Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back. And it’s very satisfying to meet new folks!

27. Iris says:

Curiosity is a good thing! Brian you have so many friends commenting I often wonder how on earth do you keep up with answering all of them. Whatever you’re doing , keep doing it!!

Purrs

28. Abby says:

There are so many wonderful new friends to make each day really Brian. But you’re right curiosity started it all!

29. All the ladycats have left Brian. Could you send a few sisters over so I am not toooooo lonely? Maybe your new sister? I’d like to meet her ;-)

30. Old Kitty says:

Awwww amazing Brian!! That’s a fabulous friendly way to use your feline curiousity!! Yay! take care
    x

31. CATachresis says:

I am always curious, but sometimes clicking on the name takes you nowhere!!! :(

32. We do that too Brian. If someone we don’t know leaves a comment we go and visit them. Sometimes we can’t though because we haven’t signed up to google+ and if they have, we can’t always get to their blog.

33. Madi and mom says:

Oh Brian I do so agree with you. I have to be in the midst of everything
    Hugs
    Madi hugs your bffff

34. you know what Brian? You are one SMART cat! That’s EXACTLY how I met YOU! I saw your name on another blog I think and I was curious…..that was it! I was hooked and made a wonderful friend to boot!

35. We check out new names on our comments too. It is a way to meet other kitties. That is how we got to know each other in the first place.

36. It pays to be a bit curious. I’m glad I met you and your sisters Brian. I always think I should have been a detective:)

37. Thats a very sweet photo of you, Brian
    Lots of Purrs from your brazilian little friends
    Pepi, Xixo, Juja and Jujuba

38. Curiosity……..the other word for that is, NO!!!
    Hmmm, what’s in the shopping bags……Noooooooooooooo!
    Is this our dinner…………………….Noooooooooooooooooooo!
    Time for rug sliding…………………Nooooooooooooo!
    ICE’s dinner looks yummy………………………Noooooooooooooooo!
    Got a hair ball……oh a shoe, …….NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Nope, not one of Mommies favorite cat words=^Y^=

39. Could it be that the cat is right. It is so much fun to find new friends.

40. Genghis Khat says:

Brian you are so right about Curiosity. If you don’t check things out – you could miss out on a whole lot of living. and friends.

Genghis

41. Adan & Lego says:

That is very very true!!
    Curious makes us making friends and explore kitties all over the world~!!

42. Catherine says:

Meeting new blog friends is always a happy curiosity!
    xo Catherine

43. You speak some wonderful truth, Brian! Also a great pensive look you have—

Noir

44. Nancy Black says:

Brian, Curiosity is a such a Blessing! I have met so many wonderful friends through their blogs. Muggins and I are so very happy we found your blog!! Purrs and hugs!

45. Curiosity works for us. Purrs to you dear Brian :-)

46. We’re curious like that too, Brian! We’ve met lots of new furiends that way.

47. Good for you, Brian!

We’ve met a lot of kitties that way, too. It’s fun to meet new furriends.

48. Oui Oui says:

So true! We feel badly when we can’t link back to the commenter (esp. with Google+).

49. Tuiren says being curious lead her to our house so we guesses we has to agree curiosity is a good thing.

50. Jackie says:

I agree, Mr. Brian! We can always find out interesting things by being curious!

Luvs,

Jackie

51. Hey Brian your curiosity ended with us here. Don’t stop as you never know who you will find? Surely we grow, we grow together. Bravo pal. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

52. Cathy Keisha says:

That’s a good way to meet new furrends. We have so many furrends now we find it hard to visit them.