Thankful Thursday: Technology That Works (Sort of)

Brian's Home. Adopt cats, we deserve it!We all love to help blog, although sometimes Sister Dolly makes it a little challenging.  But today we are thankful for technology that sort of works.  If you’ve ever gotten a new computer you’ll know what I’m talking about.  Dad got a new Macbook Pro for Christmas and, while we love the technology of Mac, it has not been without it’s challenges early on. We used to use only Mac until our Macbook went OTRB one day several years ago.  We have been using Windows laptops ever since and, although we got used to it, we were never totally satisfied.

Well guess what happens when you get an old guy something new.  Yep, I think my Dad needs a memory upgrade.  Oh, some of the basics came back to him right away, but some of the other things, like how to easily edit photos to our satisfaction, are taking a little while longer.  It seems like forever since we actually used the real Photoshop, so Dad is practicing getting those skills back.  Of course we are right there, ready and willing to help.

We are all thankful for the technology that lets us blog and keep in touch with our friends.  Hopefully Dad will reacquire those skills in short order!   Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

49 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday: Technology That Works (Sort of)

1. Mr Puddy

As long is new ! All good ! My mom use Mac Pro too but it’s the first First Version. So now she couldn’t upgrade anymore. and guess what ? We can’t view any video and flash player by her Mac Pro…but we can view on iPad ; )
    We sure your dad will love his present , my mom love her one too even now it’s not work properly..tee..heh..heh..doesn’t bother her !

2. mariodacat

Awww man! Do we understand technology and how it “sorta works.” M keeps her son-in-law so busy fixing things that it’s a wonder he’s still in the family! He says we are a challenge for him and he wants and likes challenges! But at the same time, M has learned a lot in the three years she’s been helping me blog and be on Twitter. Tell dad he’s smart and he CAN DO IT!

3. Sometimes, Cats Herd You

It looks like you are helping a lot!

Like your dad, our peep used to use only Macs and has been Windows only for several years. It helps when you can use the same programs on both platforms, otherwise, the adjustment back and forth takes a while, but your dad will be back up to speed soon!

4. Marg

Our Person can barely work this Windows computer much less do a Mac. Good for your Dad to be able to do his new one. I bet he catches on really fast. Looks like he is doing all right.
    Hope you all don’t get too much snow today. Stay dry.

5. Feeling Beachie - Hilary

Oh brian, your dad doesn’t need a memory upgrade… Silly boy! It is hard to switch computers like that… I am thinking of getting a mac for home and afraid that I wont be able to switch my skills to use mac at home and windows at work… You know that saying it is hard to teach old dogs new tricks – works for us peoples too!

6. Tamago

I am technologically challenged and love good old windows. But I agree, technology that let us blog and connect to friends and families is what we feel thankful for!

7. CatonsvilleCats

Brian – please help your dad as much as you can with his computer, he may not always know which key to press and you should step in whenever that seems to happen…

I am fostering a 14-year-old cat who was dumped at an area shelter when her family I guess decided she was too much trouble in her old age. Depending upon the results of her bloodwork, she may not be an ordinary candidate for adoption – if her kidneys are poor, she will need a special person who can give her a comfortable home until such time as she shows she is ready to go (she is definitely not ready now, she is quiet and sleeps a lot but has spunk for sure). If this happens, might I paw-sibly be able to get the word out on her through your extensive network? If so, drop me a PM and I will send you an update when I know more. Thanks!!

8. Pat Hatt

Can surely be a challenge switching over ones habits to something new, especially with tech, or switching back. We help too but we tend to lock up the computer as we step on the keyboard haha

9. Cathy Keisha

Concats on the new MacBook. We love our Mac. I’m sure once he looks at Photoshop again, it’ll come back to him. If TW can learn Photoshop by herself from scratch, your Pop should be a pro soon.

10. Maxwell, Faraday & Allie

FaRADaY: Well, yanno Brian, humans are soooooooooooooooooooo much OLDER than we kittehs, it’s amazing they can hold ANYthing in their heads!

Maxwell: Uh, dood, I think Mommy heard that. She’s glaring at you right now. On the other paw, I see an opportunity to score some lap time, since YOU”RE now kitty-non-grata.

11. da tabbies o trout towne

dood…yur dad iz a pro when it comes ta R houz…we bee doin good ta cut copy N gloo; let a lone shop for photo’s !!!

12. Timmy Tomcat

Pops is an old Windows dood. He does not like closed source what ever that hooman stuff means. If ya cant eat it… Anyhow. We like Ifranview. Have been using it for years for simple photo edits. Cat friendly. Right price too! Donate what you want.
    Purrs
    Timmy T

13. Katie Isabella

MAC FOREVER! Mommy and brothers have Macs. So I loves them. Mommy also had to go to the Darkside and use a PC for awhile and when she got her new iMac, Simba whose mommy has a Mac too, helped her with exporting photos..even FINDING them, and so on.

I help Mommy too. I LOVE to help. I also shed on the keyboard as a warmer-upperer. xoxox

14. Glogirly & Katie

Well Brian…you’re in luck!!! I happen to be an expert cat at all things Mac, including Photoshop. If you ever get stuck, just send me an email. Don’t bother with Glogirly…just go straight to the source.
    ; ) Katie

15. Abby

Mom got a new computer with the WIN 8 OS and boy was she challenged for awhile. She also got Photo Shop on the computer but she hasn’t quite got the hang of it yet, but she will one day. So we know what you mean about getting a mental upgrade we know for sure our Mom needs one maybe two.

16. Nancy Black

Congrats on your new Mac Book!! Muggins says make sure you keep an eye on Dad!! I see your doing a great job on this.

17. Adan & Lego

We also thankful for the technology,
    let us could know you, this won’t happen 20 years ago,
    but it happens now~
    And also thankful you often take your time concerning every friends around the world~~~ your care makes everyone feel so warm.

18. Savannah NanaMo

ohhhhh, this is scary, cuz Mom is thinking about leaving Windows to move to a Mac just cuz she thinks it will help her do my bloggy better and easier. She doesn’t know Photo Shop, we do have Elements 10 of PC, but Mom about passed out trying to understand what a mask is…so she quit. She sure does want to try the Mac….Savvy