Tabby Tuesday: Let’s Go Surfing

Last Thursday my pal Easy did a post about surfing, specifically Counter Surfing. Well, that sure caught my interest, especially since we are not allowed on the counters here at Brian’s Home.

Brian's Home. Adopt cats, we deserve it!

Well, you know me, I just had to give this counter surfing thing a try.  But so far I have been totally distracted by all of the cool things up here on the counter.  There sits our empty food bowls and a few kitty medicines, plus a whole bunch of whiff-worthy items.  But what’s up with the surfing thing?  Oh, I found out just as soon as Dad popped around the corner with the flashy beast, I went surfing right off of the counter…real quick like!  By the way, my Mom hasn’t seen this picture, so shhhhhhhhhh, tis our secret!

Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

49 thoughts on “Tabby Tuesday: Let’s Go Surfing

1. Mr Puddy

I used to do ONCE ! And I have been told off by my daddy !
    And I didn’t do it again, I guess that’s the main cause of my over weight, you know ?
    Kitty need to do counter surfing !
    It’s some of the kind of exercise tummy ( we kitty can get extra food there..tee..heh )

2. Whisppy

Haha. We aren’t *allowed* to counter surf either, Brian! Especially if Daddy is around. Silly Tutu often gives herself away by leaving little paw prints all over the counter (she likes to play in the wet sink).

3. Sometimes, Cats Herd You

We aren’t supposed to counter surf, either. Ashton has never tried — she doesn’t jump that high because she has no depth perception — and Pierre is smart enough the peeps don’t catch him. But Newton counter surfs all the time. And sometimes, while he’s there, he pees in the sink for good measure! Mostly he steals the tasty foods he finds there, though. He’s a big fan of counter surfing.

4. Ann Paws

Your secret is safe with me Brian. My Kitty Kitty Meow was a counter surfer and I never could get her to stay off of them. But she did like it up there away from my dog – they did not get along!

5. easy rider

I will keep your secret, Brian ;o) The counter is like the land of cockaigne isn’t it? And we need no wind or waves – but if we had some music too , like “Surfin’ Safari”, that would be not bad, huh?

6. Laila and Minchie

Hey, you have a double decker counter, Brian! I am allowed on the counter as that’s where Mom keeps my food so Laila, who is trying to lose weight, can’t get to it. Hope your daddy gets a picture of your mom seeing this picture!

7. Hannah and Lucy

We aren’t allowed to counter surf – well that’s Mum’s story but we don’t listen to that silly rule – we might miss something tasty if we obeyed her. In fact we saw her up there the other day and her excuse was she was cleaning inside the kitchen window – as if!

8. Clarissa & Co.

When I was an only cat, I wasn’t allowed to get on the breakfast bar or the kitchen counters, but I did it when the purrents were away. My human grandpa caught me laying on the breakfast bar when he came home one afternoon! Now, with so many of us, mom has stopped fighting the battle. She said that is what the antiseptic counter wipes are for! The only thing we aren’t allowed on is the stove.

9. Cheysuli

Ichiro loves the counters but he is not supposed to be on them at all. However, he goes up and goes on top of the cabinets too. Now The Woman has encouraged him when he sits in the chair at the counter to sit there and if he doesn’t walk all over the counter he gets a treat. Now he jumps up and sits there and waits for a treat…

10. Derby and Ducky

Mum gave up years ago trying to keep Derby off the counters. Figures that 2/3 of the time she either wasn’t home or sleeping. She wouldn’t know what was happening during that time anyway.

11. Cathy Keisha

Brian goes where no cat dares to go. MOL! The counter has no allure for me. I used to jump there when I was much younger. Now I could care less. I guess it’s cos I can that I don’t want to.

12. da tabbies o trout towne

dood…ya mite wanna con tact werd press N tell em ewe haza trubull postin pick sures ta day…we can see yur post but noe pick sure….thatz R storee N we bee stickin two it….oh hia…. mizzus brian 🙂

13. Lucy the Cat

Hee hee, Brian. We definitely won’t tell your mom. Lucy used to jump up on the counters when she felt there wasn’t enough food in her bowl. She’d just tear right into the food. You look so cute up there but also a little guilty.

14. Andrea and the Celestial Kitties

Hee hee, our cats aren’t allowed on the couters either! Greg is under the illusion that because this is so, that they do not get up there. I know that even though I don’t see it, that they do, but I’m also ok with pretending that they don’t!

15. Eric and Flynn

We aren’t allowed to counter surf either, but just this morning mum saw a trail of muddy paw prints going from one end to the other. We told her that it was obvious that the naughty Not Me had crept in during the night.

16. Janet@TheCatOnMyHead

Mom and Dad wish they could keep us off the counters, but we outnumber them significantly so… Two of us are napping on the island right now as mom types. She’s just glad we are not all over the computer. And we love surfing and sending everything on the counter to the floor. We know mom would like to know your human’s secret for keeping you down. Please don’t share. Purrs and hugs from the kitties at http://www.thecatonmyhead.com, Lily Olivia, Misty May Mauricio, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

17. Nancy Black

I have found kitty paw prints on the counter but never caught myMuggins on the counter. I think he does it when I’m sleeping..lol…