Tabby Tuesday: Let’s Go Surfing

Last Thursday my pal Easy did a post about surfing, specifically Counter Surfing. Well, that sure caught my interest, especially since we are not allowed on the counters here at Brian’s Home.

Brian's Home.  Adopt cats, we deserve it!

Well, you know me, I just had to give this counter surfing thing a try.  But so far I have been totally distracted by all of the cool things up here on the counter.  There sits our empty food bowls and a few kitty medicines, plus a whole bunch of whiff-worthy items.  But what’s up with the surfing thing?  Oh, I found out just as soon as Dad popped around the corner with the flashy beast, I went surfing right off of the counter…real quick like!  By the way, my Mom hasn’t seen this picture, so shhhhhhhhhh, tis our secret!

Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

This entry was posted in adopt cats, Brian, tabby tuesday and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Tabby Tuesday: Let’s Go Surfing

1. MOL, counter surf at night Brian, when day’z in bed..You don’tz get’z caught..MOL :) xx0xx

Mollie and Alfie

2. Mr Puddy says:

I used to do ONCE ! And I have been told off by my daddy !
    And I didn’t do it again, I guess that’s the main cause of my over weight, you know ?
    Kitty need to do counter surfing !
    It’s some of the kind of exercise tummy ( we kitty can get extra food there..tee..heh )

3. Whisppy says:

Haha. We aren’t *allowed* to counter surf either, Brian! Especially if Daddy is around. Silly Tutu often gives herself away by leaving little paw prints all over the counter (she likes to play in the wet sink).

4. We aren’t supposed to counter surf, either. Ashton has never tried — she doesn’t jump that high because she has no depth perception — and Pierre is smart enough the peeps don’t catch him. But Newton counter surfs all the time. And sometimes, while he’s there, he pees in the sink for good measure! Mostly he steals the tasty foods he finds there, though. He’s a big fan of counter surfing.

5. Marg says:

Some of us like to counter surf too. But we get a loud NO when we do. So we don’t do it very often. Hope all of you have a great day.

6. Ann Paws says:

Your secret is safe with me Brian. My Kitty Kitty Meow was a counter surfer and I never could get her to stay off of them. But she did like it up there away from my dog – they did not get along!

7. easy rider says:

I will keep your secret, Brian ;o) The counter is like the land of cockaigne isn’t it? And we need no wind or waves – but if we had some music too , like “Surfin’ Safari”, that would be not bad, huh?

8. Hey, you have a double decker counter, Brian! I am allowed on the counter as that’s where Mom keeps my food so Laila, who is trying to lose weight, can’t get to it. Hope your daddy gets a picture of your mom seeing this picture!

9. We aren’t allowed to counter surf – well that’s Mum’s story but we don’t listen to that silly rule – we might miss something tasty if we obeyed her. In fact we saw her up there the other day and her excuse was she was cleaning inside the kitchen window – as if!

10. Dear little Brian
    Come and visit our Carnival
    We would love to see you at our party
    Lots of purrs from
    Pepi, Xixo, Juja e Jujuba

11. Surfing seems like a lot of fun. Give it a try again!

Oink oink,
    Katie and Coccolino the mini pig

12. Pat Hatt says:

haha what they don’t know won’t hurt them, just don’t get caught. Countering surfing is fun, but so it mountain climbing in the cupboards.

13. Loki says:

How funny Brian, I promise, I won’t tell if you don’t tell… I do it too when they all asleep . hehe

Loki

14. Marilia says:

Hehehehehe!
    Love you Brian!

15. Remy says:

Don’t worry, Brian, it will be our secret! I never tell on my kitties when they take a tour of the counter either :)

16. When I was an only cat, I wasn’t allowed to get on the breakfast bar or the kitchen counters, but I did it when the purrents were away. My human grandpa caught me laying on the breakfast bar when he came home one afternoon! Now, with so many of us, mom has stopped fighting the battle. She said that is what the antiseptic counter wipes are for! The only thing we aren’t allowed on is the stove.

17. Cheysuli says:

Ichiro loves the counters but he is not supposed to be on them at all. However, he goes up and goes on top of the cabinets too. Now The Woman has encouraged him when he sits in the chair at the counter to sit there and if he doesn’t walk all over the counter he gets a treat. Now he jumps up and sits there and waits for a treat…

18. Mum gave up years ago trying to keep Derby off the counters. Figures that 2/3 of the time she either wasn’t home or sleeping. She wouldn’t know what was happening during that time anyway.

19. Genghis Khat says:

Just don’t get caught up on the counter too often.

Genghis

20. Cathy Keisha says:

Brian goes where no cat dares to go. MOL! The counter has no allure for me. I used to jump there when I was much younger. Now I could care less. I guess it’s cos I can that I don’t want to.

21. we keep trying that here but mom yells “hey get offa there” a lot :)

22. Sparkle says:

My human THINKS there is a no counter rule here… Binga thinks there is not!

23. da tabbies o trout towne says:

dood…ya mite wanna con tact werd press N tell em ewe haza trubull postin pick sures ta day…we can see yur post but noe pick sure….thatz R storee N we bee stickin two it….oh hia…. mizzus brian :)

24. Lucy the Cat says:

Hee hee, Brian. We definitely won’t tell your mom. Lucy used to jump up on the counters when she felt there wasn’t enough food in her bowl. She’d just tear right into the food. You look so cute up there but also a little guilty.

25. We are not so sure what is so special about counters, either! That is the one place that is off limits at our house!

26. meowmeowmans says:

Wait, that’s called “counter surfing?” We thought it was called, “no no no no no!”

27. Hee hee, our cats aren’t allowed on the couters either! Greg is under the illusion that because this is so, that they do not get up there. I know that even though I don’t see it, that they do, but I’m also ok with pretending that they don’t!

28. Abby says:

Brian
    your expression says it all!

29. Timmy Tomcat says:

Lets go surfin now!
    Everycat is learnin how!
    Come on and go surfing with…
    CHEZZIT THE DAD!
    LOL

30. Odin is the only one who does it at our house and knows it’s off limits. One look from me and he’s gone ;-)

31. CATachresis says:

Oh Brian, don’t tell my mum but I am also a member of counter surfers anonymous!!

32. We aren’t allowed to counter surf either, but just this morning mum saw a trail of muddy paw prints going from one end to the other. We told her that it was obvious that the naughty Not Me had crept in during the night.

33. sue brandes says:

I think my kitties counter surf when I am not looking. LOL. They think it’s fun.

34. Oh she’s gonna see it now!!! MOL!

35. Sage says:

Uh, Brian. I think you just got caught. :)

36. Mom and Dad wish they could keep us off the counters, but we outnumber them significantly so… Two of us are napping on the island right now as mom types. She’s just glad we are not all over the computer. And we love surfing and sending everything on the counter to the floor. We know mom would like to know your human’s secret for keeping you down. Please don’t share. Purrs and hugs from the kitties at http://www.thecatonmyhead.com, Lily Olivia, Misty May Mauricio, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

37. Adan & Lego says:

Hahaha~~
    Brain, your face is very adorable~!!
    We will keep your secret.

38. If you don’t tell on us, Brian, we won’t tell on you! :)

39. Debby Taylor says:

Hey counter surfing must be something many kitties love. I bet you will master it soon!

Pet lovers please check out my homeless cat blog archives for some informative posts and stories about the cat abandoned/feral colony I manage.

Talk to Your Angels and Pets

40. Nancy Black says:

I have found kitty paw prints on the counter but never caught myMuggins on the counter. I think he does it when I’m sleeping..lol…

41. Oui Oui says:

We never thought of counter surfing until Mica Moo taught us how. The mom wasn’t happy, but Oui Oui sure enjoys it.

42. Sometimes, if you are lucky, there are good human food leftovers on the counters ;-)
    I didn’t say anything ;-)
    Purrs

43. Clooney says:

Hey you make a pretty good surfer…you’ll have to practice in the wee hours of the morn when the flashy box isn’t around!

44. Yes Brian, night time counter surfing is the best. No one will know. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

45. Catherine says:

Banjo is not allowed on the counters either….hopefully one day he will realize that… LOL!
    xo Catherine

46. oh yes, I zip right off if anyone catches me…mostly, they never do…heh…heh

47. Katie Isabella says:

Love you Brian…I will never tell!

48. Penelope says:

Brian, me too belongs to CSA (Counter Surfers Anonymous)
    Kisses
    Nellie

49. Counters off limits in our house, however us three moggies have other ideas at night time :-) x