Thankful Thursday: Sister Kit Progress

Brian's Home.  Adopt cats, we deserve it!You know I am thankful for all of my sisters, seriously!  They are all so unique in their purrsonalities and they manage to keep me on my toes.  Today though, I am thankful for the progress that Sister Kit has made.  You saw her yesterday on Wordless Wednesday showing off her whisker humps.  She is even getting less shy with the flashy box.

Well, you know the big bedroom has been gated off since Sister Kit came to live with us.  Let me tell you what happened last weekend.  The gate came down and in we went.  Yes, all of us ventured in to inspect the bedroom and make sure that nothing was out of place.  A quick inspection told me that things in the big bedroom were pretty much normal.

Okay, back to what happened.  But first let me tell you that one of the things we looked forward to on the weekend was laying down with Dad on the big bed and taking a snooze.  Can you guess what happened?  Yes, you’re right.  Sister Kit was laying on the big bed with Dad so I hopped up too.  I laid down and up hopped Sister Dolly.  Sister Zoe came in and hopped up on the bed, but she went over on the window bench to watch some Bird-TV.  So, there we were, me, Sister Dolly, Sister Kit and Dad.   All was fine so we all did what we do best, we all took a snooze.  How’s that for real progress?  Oh, Sister Gracie and Sister Sascha came in too and gave her a howdy, but then they went to the living room to play a bit.

My Dad says the gate will come down completely before too long and all will be back to normal downstairs.  When Sister Zoe was finished watching Bird-TV she went up on the stair landing to tell Sister Precious to practice her social graces so she can join us too.  When that happens we will all be really thankful.

That’s it from here today.  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

47 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday: Sister Kit Progress

1. Everycat

Sleeping together is an awesome landmark of progress. Kit is beautiful and we don’t think it will be long before the gate comes down and Precious is mingling too!

Gerry & Mungo

2. Mr Puddy

OMC ! Brain !
    You know I read this post, my claws dig to my blanky so tight. I’m really exciting !
    And I read till the end. I have to say ” this is Miracle !!! ”
    I’m so happy Sister Kit is doing Purrfect ! And all of you are so nice….a kind of unbelievable ! I’m totally happy for your family and Sister Kit !
    xox

3. Marg

That is so terrific that all of you are getting along. It sounds like Kit will be a real member of the whole family before long. Hope you all have a great day.

4. Diane@BibliophilebytheSea

Oh Brian, you tell a good story, and we appreciate your expert news reporting skills. It is w o n d e r f u l to see the progress Kit has made in such a short time; how great for all of you.

Maybe she’ll teach Precious a thing or 2 about blending in:)

5. Katie Isabella

I am SO GLAD that Sister Kit is accepted and that she accepts her new family as well. Sister Precius MAY take a leaf from Sister Kit’s book? You never know..wonders never cease.

6. emma

With cats that aren’t getting along it is tough…hard to “gate” off a room because you cats can jump…it is much easier to contain most dogs…I do say most because some dogs jump too! Glad you are all getting along better.

7. Hannah and Lucy

We are delighted that Sister Kit has decided to join you – we hope that Sister Precious decides to join you all too – you’ll have to start and take a roll call to check that no-one is missing!!

8. mariodacat

Brian – I just knew your family would be successful. I know you will be with sister Precious also – it’s just taking her awhile, but she’ll get there. You are all such nice kitties, who wouldn’t like you!

9. KIPPY e LILLY

Olá amigo querido Brain…
    Fiquei muito feliz em te ver em meu blog e saber que não esqueceu de mim.
    Eu nunca esqueci de voce também. OBRIGADA!
    Tenha uma ótima tarde e SEJA FELIZ!
    Fique com Deus.
    beijos 1000 e aus 1000 das amigas do Brasil

KIPPY & LILLY

10. da tabbies o trout towne

dood….ever sew happee kit iz doin veree good…but say it isnt sew

KNOT BURD TEE VEEE

when ya got www squirrel smak down ore like vizionz oh vizshuz deer ore like move it a long moose…

KNOT BURD TEE VEE ~~~

11. Janet@TheCatOnMyHead

Love the photo, especially with the paw grasping the side of the platform. Glad such wonderful progress is being made. Our bed has always been the DMZ with only the occasional skirmish when someone forgets their manners. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

12. caren gittleman

Brian when I looked at that photo I can’t begin to tell you how much you resemble your Dad!! MOL! Same expression! I love it!
    That is GREAT news about Sister Kit and everyone sleeping with Dad and Kit (almost everyone!)
    Hoping Sister Precious will follow suit soon!

13. Fraidy Cats!

what a fantastic update, Brian! we are glad to hear Sister Kit is adjusting and your intros are going smooth. We like your picture today. We can’t quite peg your expression though 🙂

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

14. Cathy Keisha

Hooray for Sister Kit. You’ll have to add her picture to the bottom of the blog and the header. Do you think Precious will ever come around? BTW, thanks for tweeting about the contest. SMOOCHY.