Mancat Monday: To Protect and Serve

Brian's Home.  Adopt cats, we deserve it!I know this picture might look familiar to you, but this one was actually taken over the weekend when Sisters Gracie, Kit and I were enjoying some marvelous whiffy weather.  This is somewhat of a normal window line up around here.  I know Sister Gracie shouldn’t be whiffin’ with her asthma, but she really did seem to do just fine.  It was 76 degrees here and we pretty much had whiffin’ time all day long and into the dark hours too.

That’s when it happened, during the dark hours.  Two of the feral kitties had a disagreement, and believe me, they were shouting about it something awful.  It was one heck of a loud and scary time.  Sister Gracie took off like a shot, and poor Sister Kit just froze in place.  I didn’t run, I jumped right in front of Sister Kit to protect her from the horrible event.  I didn’t want her to be frightened and be afraid to go to the windows.  She didn’t run and I was very proud of her.  Oh, Dad had a talk with the ferals and told them that our yard was a neutral zone and there is no reason to be disagreeable while they are on neutral turf.  All was quiet the rest of the evening.

That’s it from here.  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

53 thoughts on “Mancat Monday: To Protect and Serve

1. Sometimes, Cats Herd You

What a brave mancat you are, Brian!

This past weekend, a neighborhood cat was looking in the window at Ashton, and she made such brave cat sounds that the humans said “That’s really Ashton?” Someone’s got to protect the other cats from the neighborhood rabble!

2. Feeling Beachie - Hilary

Brian, you are such a great brother, watching out for Kit like that….
    I am glad your dad gave the ferals a talking too…
    Gracie, I showed your dad-in-law this picture this AM and when he saw you and your Alex heart his smile was soooo wide.

3. Marg

What a good boy you are Brian to take care of Sister Kit. It is very scary when the cats start yelling at each other. They are very loud. It was a gorgeous week end. Hope all of you have a great day.

4. Hannah and Lucy

How wonderful that Sister Kit joined you and Sister Gracie for window whiffin’ at the weekend Brian – she looks as though she is getting her paws under the table already!!

5. Tamago

We had over 70F, nice weather during weekend, too! Brian, you are very brave and wonderful to protect Sister Kit. Your sisters sure have great brother!

6. Old Kitty

Awwwww this is a great pic of you lovely Brian and gorgeous Sisters Kit and Gracie! Glad the arguments between the ferals are now over – hope they live in peace now!! Brian you are such a star for looking out for Kit! Take care
    x

7. mariodacat

Brian – you are on brave mancat to protect your sisfurs like that. We are so proud of you, and I’m sure Dad was proud of you too. We don’t get many visitors here, but when we do, I really let them know in no uncertain terms that this is MY HOUSE and you are not welcome! he he

8. Jacqueline

You are a brave mancat and wonderful brother, handsome Brian=your sisters are so lucky to have you to protect them!..Happy week ahead, precious friends…xoxo…Calle, Halle, Sukki.

9. Pip

So glad you were there to protect your sister and your dad was able to break up the feral battle.

Your pal, Pip

10. Janet@TheCatOnMyHead

Do you all have a colony of feral kitties nearby? Since we’ve been reading, we haven’t heard anything about these ferals. Sounds like they are disturbing the peace. Good thing your dad reprimanded them. Do you have a TNR program in your area? Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Misty May, Mauricio, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

11. KimT

Oh boy, can’t wait till we get 70’s weather, it’s still windows-shut here.
    Brian, you’re so impressive, you can be our brother any day!