Thankful Thursday: Reflections of a BlogPaws Newbie

HELP: PLEASE SHARE RAY CHARLES & SISTER RACHAEL

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!

The Dad the Flat and the Hat will be offering their purrspective on BlogPaws Conference today…

Thank you Brian.  As most everyone in the pet blogging community knows, BlogPaws was held last week in Tysons Corner, VA.  I want to thank the fine folks at Purina for sponsoring me and making our attendance possible.  We were BlogPaws Newbies, an honor that you can only retain until you attend your first BlogPaws event.  Now we are BlogPaws veterans.  There were approximately 525 pet bloggers there, lots of doggies and a several adorable kitties.  From the moment we hit the main lobby we were surrounded by friends, other Flats and a Plushie or two.  It is the most amazing feeling in the world to meet people you feel like you already know and then to find out you’re right, you do know them.

We arrived at BlogPaws around 4:30PM on Thursday, just in time for some mingling with our pals and the Welcome Reception and the keynote address by David Meyer from Adopt-a-Pet.  What we could hear of David’s talk was terrific, unfortunately the seating in the hall was more conducive to chatting that to actually listening to the speaker, which was really kind of sad.  The next morning we headed downstairs early to the breakfast and found our way to the Newbie’s sections.  The one and only Caren from Cat Chat with Caren & Cody was in charge of the Newbie’s group and everything was totally, totally purrfect!  There were actually eight tables of us Newbies at the morning breakfast, and while we might have been Newbies, we certainly weren’t strangers.

All-in-all the food at the breakfasts, lunches and dinners was terrific.  We attended many educational sessions and, as with any conference, some were good, some were great, and some were just so-so.  The Red Carpet Happy Hour (along with The Official Red Carpet Walk) and the Nose-to-Nose Social Media Pet Blogging Awards was the highlight of Saturday evening.  I knew so many of the nominees, and the winners, and cheering each of them on likely was one of the best memories ever.  The host for the Nose-to-Nose Awards ceremony was David Frei of Westminister Dog Show fame.  Another highlight of the evening was the presentation of a K-9 police vest to Office Tom Binckley of the Arlington Police Department and ten pet oxygen masks to a local fire department.

So, now I’m a BlogPaws veteran.  Would I go again?  Absolutely!  Next year?  Not likely.  BlogPaws 2014 will be held in Lake Las Vegas, NV.  If it were actually on the Vegas Strip I might have considered it, but now I seriously doubt it.  Besides, I’m not much of a traveler and going that far just doesn’t get me overly excited.  But I will be returning to BlogPaws, it is a totally awesome event and I am so thankful for having been a small part of it.

One thing I must learn to do is tote my camera along with me.  Typically when I travel I use my iPhone camera, which, unfortunately, I rarely take out to get a photo and by the time I do the fantastic scene has past.  I also rely on our friends to share some photos with me.  With all that in mind, I’ll close today with my BlogPaws Flashbacks…

Me with Flat Brian, Plush Cathy Keisha, Flat Cody from Cat Chat with Caren & Cody and Flat Carl from Twinkletoe Tails  (photo by TW from Stunning Keisha)

Disco from Curlz and Swirlz

Coco from Curlz and Swirlz

Kevin & Tracey from Animal Shelter Volunteer Life, and me with Flat Brian and Flat Oskar from Pet Blogs United (photo by Pam at Pet Blogs United)

Mom Jobi from Ask Fisher and Daddy Kiril from The Opinionated Pussycat

Caren from Cat Chat with Caren & Cody and Christine from Miami Riverfront Cats

Me with Plush Cathy Keisha (photo by TW)

Me with Daddy Kiril from The Opinionated Pussycat

Me with Dorian from Your Daily Cute
(photo by Angie Bailey Holland from Catladyland)

p.s.  – Want to see me in the famous Deb Barnes from Zee & Zoey Cat Ears? CLICK HERE

Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

52 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday: Reflections of a BlogPaws Newbie

1. Marks Mews

Wow! We are serisly regretting telling TBT he couldn’t go to the BlogPaws cuz of all those wunnerful kitties that we THOUGHT might have attracted him away from us. Now we know better…

2. Fur Everywhere

Yaaaay!!! BlogPaws 2014 might actually be close enough for me to go to (I’m in Colorado, so it’s not terribly far). I’m sorry it’s too far for you to travel, though. 🙁 It looks like you had an amazing time with Flat Brian!

3. Hilary

one year I have to go and meet all my cat bloggy friends. If it is ever in NY I am in… it is too hard for me to swing time off to travel for a conference..

4. Marg

It sure does look like everyone had such a good time. What fun to see all the cat and doggie bloggers. That is so terrific. Loved the report and and the pictures. Take care and have a great day.

5. Pat Hatt

Sounds like a grand time indeed, way to far from our Canadian feed though. And no way what so ever Cassie or I would ever dress up for the show lol

6. Iris

Brian it looks like you Dad had a wonderful time at Blogpaws. It must have been really fun to meet up in person with blogging friends.

7. da tabbies o trout towne

dood…yur dad looks az good in cat earz.. az ewe due ina hat !! glad him wuz abe bull ta catch up with, and make mew friends !!!! hope at sum point, everee got sum trout 😉

8. Mayzie

Whew! Mom luved BlogPaws but she is STILL pooped! She said it was super great to meet you (and Flat Brian) even if it was just for a second.

Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

9. Cheysuli

The Woman has enjoyed BlogPaws when she went. However, we pretty much have to travel–it’s always farther than one day’s drive from Seattle–the closest it’s been is two days or a plane ride. You were lucky it was that close to you! She is planning on Vegas because flights are easy and it’s one of those two day drives!

10. Katie Isabella

Oh I LOVED seeing the pictures of flat you and your daddy and all the other bloggers too. What a treat! xxoo

11. Clarissa & Co.

What a fun time!!! We love the “Flat Brian”. Mom has a Plushie Batman (our brofur – not the superhero!) and a Plushie Bandit. Sometimes Plushie Batman travels with her. She said it isn’t the same as having one of us with her, but she knows we are happier being at home.

12. Gin and Bailey

Looks like you all had a lot of fun…..great photos too. Looks like Kiril is up & running again too! Thanks for sharing your experience….Bailey says woof, woof……

13. Cathy Keisha

Plush CK and TW loved meeting you and Flat Brian. We don’t travel well and won’t be going to Vegas either. TW had a better time at this one because she knew what to expect and paced herself. Really, it was a pleasure spending time with all our blogging and tweeting friends.

14. Sparkle

My human was happy to see your human at BlogPaws, Brian – she just wishes she had had more time to spend with him! There were SO many great friends there! We are not far from Las Vegas, so we are already registered for BlogPaws 2014 – I hope 2015 is closer to you so you can attend again!

15. The Misadventures of Me

Those are some amazing stories and pictures! How awesome you got to meet the beans behind the words. One day – maybe – if we get the mom to blog more, she would think of going??

We is sorry the Mom is late in helping to answer our blog comments. She’s a mad person mixing up lotions, salves and whatever else she makes fer her big convention next month.

Fanks fer stoppin by!

16. The Island Cats

The mom says one of the highlights of BlogPaws was getting to meet you, Terry! One thing though, she realized how many cat bloggers she didn’t meet because she didn’t know they were there. Like Fisher’s human. Maybe in the future the BlogPaws’ organizers should put together a list of everyone attending. The mom says she wants to go to Las Vegas for BlogPaws 2014.

17. Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey

Brian… err, I mean Terry, I had no idea you were a newbie, as you handled yourself like a veteran pro! It was so nice to finally get to meet you and I am beyond honored to induct you in my “Mancat Wearing Cat Ears Hall of Fame!”

18. Caren Gittleman

OMG this was BEYOND FUN! I am behind reading blog posts and just got to this!! THANK YOU so much for your incredibly kind words…but……..trash that photo where i look like I escaped from a looney bin! lol!!!! (kidding, you don’t have to trash it!) It was sooooooooo great seeing you again….wish we had a conference every month so I could see you all the time!
    xoxoxo

19. Teri and the cats of Curlz and Swirlz

Thanks for wearing the black hat so our Teri could find you! It was a real pleasure to meet you, Terry and also to see you sporting the cat ears, too! Oh, that photo of the Sphynx in the straw boater isn’t Disco, but Moshe Moshi from Coffee, Cats n’ Yarn…

20. Janet@TheCatOnMyHead

Glad for your opinion from a newbies point of view. Mom really wanted to go but couldn’t and most of those who have been before have not given the 2013 event a very good review. And like you, she’s not too interested in going to Las Vegas. Let’s hope for a good locale for 2015. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette.