Mancat Monday: Updates from the Weekend and Awards

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!Well friends, here’s something you don’t see everyday, at least not around these parts.  I am actually sitting on my Dad’s lap.  Seriously, I’ve never really been a lap cat before now.  I love to be close to my Dad and Mom, and I love petting and brushing, but laps have never really been my thing.  I have been watching Sisters Dolly, Gracie and Kit enjoy Dad’s lap and Sister Zoe enjoying Mom’s lap, so I thought way not give it a try and see what it is all about.  I must admit that it was pretty darn comfy and I was purring quite a bit.  This may end up being a regular thing!

Speaking of Sister Zoe, all went well with her Vet visit on Saturday and I think she has even forgiven us for changing the order on her.  She got her annual shots and her heart and lungs sounded great.  She is now on a low dose of steroids for her constant grooming and she has hardly licked at all (outside of real normal grooming) since her first pill.  Hopefully it will continue to work for her, if not, we have other options to go to next.  But let me tell you, she sure has been resting comfy since she hasn’t been licking full time.

Oh, while she was at the Vet she met a teeny tiny white kitten who is totally deaf.  The little kitten even jumped into the carrier to check it out.  She said he was sure a cutie and it even started to fall asleep while Dad was holding him.

Now for a couple of awards…

inspiringblogaward062013My friends Nerissa from Nerissa’s Life and the always sweet Selina from One Eye on the Future shared their Inspiring Blog Awards with us.  If you don’t follow Nerissa you are really missing out.  He won the BlogPaws 2013 Nose-to-Nose Award for Best Blog Writing.  Thanks so much Nissy, we appreciate you!  And I do hope you know and are following Selina, she is one sweet ladycat.  Selena and her peeps are fostering the wonderful Ray Charles and Sister Rachael.  Love ya Selina!!!

myfavoritethingsawardMy favorite bunny pal Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny shared his My Favorite Things Award with us.  Thanks Speedy, we love you!  I hope you all know Speedy and are following his blog, he is one fun bun!

Lastly, I wanted to let you know that we’re featuring some new content over at my other place ForeverHomeWanted.com. You can now find the following features there by using the menus right below the header:

The Cat Daily
The Dog Daily

The Exceptional Canine

That’s it from here today.  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

45 thoughts on “Mancat Monday: Updates from the Weekend and Awards

1. Whisppy

None of us are lap cats although Tutu will occasionally nap on Daddy’s lap (AND purr), much to Mommy’s disappointment.
    We’re glad Zoe had a good vet report!
    Congratulations on both your awards, Brian!

2. Marg

Oh good boy Brian for sitting on the Dad’s lap. Bet that was a lot of fun. None of us except Black are lap cats around here. We just get too nervous.
    Hope all of you have a great day.

3. Simba

Go for it, Brian. You men have to stick together. I don’t do laps very often, though I love to sleep right up against Mom’s tummy. When she rolls over I go to the other side to stay by her tummy, not her back.

Good news about Zoey’s vet visit and steroids. We hope it continues to work well for her.

4. Hannah and Lucy

You took your time finding out how good laps are Brian – we both sit on Mum when she is sitting – she keeps us warm as well in the winter! Concats on your awards.

5. Molly The Wally

Glad Zoe got a clean bill of health and that the excessive grooming has stopped. Concatulations on your awards. Well deserved. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

6. Old Kitty

Awwwww handsome Brian!! You make a fabulous lap kitty! Yay! We are so happy to read that sweet Sister Zoe had a good vet’s visit too! Huge congrats on your brilliant awards! Take care
    x

7. da tabbies o trout towne

dood…conga ratz on yur awards…way awesum N total lee kewl…and mega happee Zoe hada grate appoinmints at de ewe noe wear place….hope everee one getted ta sell a brate with a flounder N friez …fry…that nite 🙂

8. easy rider

Yay for sister Zoe – it feels good when you can left the vet office with good results. Congratulations to your Awards and to the best place on earth for a nap – the lap :o)

9. Savannah's Paw Tracks

clapping paws for Sister Zoe’s vet check and her reduced grooming. whew! And as you know Brian, I don’t do laps…pretty much not ever especially now that foster brofur Leo is here. paw pats, Savannah

10. Tamago

Brian, my boys are like you, love to be close to mom and dad but not really lap kitty. I hope hey give a try for our laps like you did…and hopefully they will like it!
    Glad Sister Zoe is doing well. And congratulations on your awardies!

11. Abby

Brian I am a lap cap but basically the only one. Occassionally the rest of the kitties will walk across the lap but not stay too long. Glad Sister Zoe is doing great. Concats on all of those wonderful awards! And thank you for coming by and sending me purrday wishes today. I am so grateful to all my furfriends.

12. Madi and Mom

Congrats on the well deserved award.
    Hey Brian you might be my brother from another mother.
    I do not do laps either….Mom was watching Jackson Galaxy the other night.
    He was using treats to get a kitty on his lap. I told Mom I’d probably sit on her lap for a bag of Temptations.
    MOL
    Hugs madi your BFFF

13. meowmeowmans

Hooray for everything going so well for Zoe at the vet. We’re glad the licking has stopped, and hope she continues to feel great.

Brian, you sure look comfy on the dad’s lap. It’s rare that Moosey sits in a lap, but every now and then… 🙂

Congrats on your awards, and we’ll go check out those new content on your other blog now!

Hugs to you and your family.

14. Jacqueline

So glad to hear precious Zoe had a good vet visit and is doing better with the grooming…You look happy on Daddy’s lap, handsome Brian!…Congratulations on the cool award, sweeties…Have a fun week ahead, lovely friends…kisses…Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat

15. Sue Brandes

Congrats on your award. So glad the vet visit went well. Brian my kitties are not lap kittens either. I always do cherish when they decide to sit on my lap. I bet you made your dad very happy.

16. Flynn

I am glad Zoe’s vet report was good. I like to sit on my mum’s lap in the winter when the fire is lit or sometimes in the evenings when she is sitting in the recliner. I have never sat on my dad’s lap much because that was Eric’s place, but am starting to do so now which makes him happy.

17. Fraidy Cats!

concats on your awards, Brian! you are missing out, not being a lap cat 🙂 actually, Hollie is like you. We like to sit on our mom’s lap but only on our terms. If she were to pick us up and hold us, we’d squirm away 😀 We’re glad Zoe had a good vet visit. Have a great week!

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

18. Ginger Jasper

You look so comfy sat in your dads lap. bet you will be doing that again. Glad the vets visit went well. Congratulations on the awards. Take care. Hugs GJ xx

19. Katie Isabella

Brian, please keep getting onto Daddy’s lap. Laps are the best things eer invented for us cats. And Zoe..you are such a good girl. Kissies to you especially. xxoo

20. Cathy Keisha

Concats on the awards. You do look comfy on your Dad’s lap. You’re even making those lovey eyes. What’s all the DOG stuff on your other blog? Heh heh.

21. Kitties Blue

Hey Brian, glad you discovered your Dad’s lap. You have really been missing out. Also concatulations on your awards. As always, you all are very deserving. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

22. Sweet Purrfections

So glad things went well for Sister Zoe at the vet.

We’re not lap kitties (neither was Sweet Praline). We think it has something to do with Mom Paula not having a lap when she sits down. MOL

23. Diane@BibliophilebytheSea

Looks like Brian is thanking you for not taking him for a ride in the dreaded-cage:)

Victoria is a sweetie- she will find a home quickly I am sure – I just don’t understand some evil humans abandoning such innocent creatures.

24. Remy

Aw, I bet your dad was so happy to have you sit in his lap a while, Brian!

And I’m really glad Sister Zoe’s trip to the vet went so well! 🙂

25. What's Going on at Mumsy's

Oh, yes! Sweet Brian those laps are nice and they always come with lots of rubs and pats. Glad to hear sweet Sister Zoe got a good report from the vet and the pills are already working and we hope they continue to. Hugs and nose kisses