Tabby Tuesday: A Love Letter to My Alex

I love you AlexMy dearest Alex,

It was one year ago today that you left us to go to the Bridge.  My heart still hurts because you had to go but, even though I know you know this, I want to tell you a few things.  There isn’t a single day that goes by that I don’t think of you Alex.  The happy memories of the times we shared makes my heart smile.

Those happy memories is why I always have my special Alex heart with me everywhere I go.  I will always remember our first date, our times by the fireplace and the hugs and snuggles we shared.

I love you AlexI will never forget when you asked me to marry you and spend the rest of our days together.  I do wish the rest of our days would have been longer but you are with me always.  I am so glad we had a hurry up wedding before you departed.  I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

I look at the sky at night and see your special star shining brightly.  I always feel you looking over me and looking out for me.  We’ve had a bunch of strange worker humans in our house lately and I could feel you telling me when it was safe to come out from under the bed.  I hear your voice dear Alex and I always get the messages you send.

I know how proud you are of your little Sister Lucy.  She is very special and I know your Mom and Dad are so happy you sent such a special girl to them.  They miss you Alex, as do I, but we feel your presence with us always.

I am so lucky to be loved by you my dear Alex.

Love you forever,

Gracie

p.s.  Please stop by FeelingBeachie.com with some kind purrs for Mom Hilary, Dad Marc and Sister Lucy.

Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

44 thoughts on “Tabby Tuesday: A Love Letter to My Alex

1. Hilary

Gracie, I love you… maybe not as much as Alex did, but I love you so much… You made both me and Marc cry this AM. We know how much you loved Alex and how much he loved you. You brought such joy and happiness into his life, and we loved watching the relationship develop. He really had a spring in his step after you came into his life, and you were there for the good times and the bad. He wouldn’t have recovered so quickly from his surgery if not for his lovely lady – he didn’t want to waste any precious time with you. The time we all had was too short, but we made the most of it. I know that he spends a lot of his days and nights with you, and I am happy, just as I am happy that you have taken his little sister under your paw and have become the BFF she could ever ask for filling her in on how amazing her brother was… Love you all

2. Marg

What a lovely tribute to Alex, Gracie. We sure were sad the day he had to go but we remember that he is now running free and with no pain. We know that his family misses him a lot and send tons of purrs to them.

3. loretta rick

A wonderful tribute to Dear Alex. He was really loved by all who knew him & all of us miss him dearly.

4. CatonsvilleCats

Aw Gracie you’re a sweetheart.
    (By the way the kitten care book appears to have been re-released and it’s different now. Or at least the part you can see without paying is different… I may buy it just to see. The TOC looks promising.)

5. Katie Isabella

Dearest Gracie, you are so loving and this was such a touching and loving tribute to Alex. His star shines brightly down on you and your Sisters and Brian and Mom and Dad and his own family as well. He will not be forgotten. Always loved.

xxoo

6. Fuzzy Tales

That was a lovely post for Alex, Gracie. The year has just flown by, hard to believe how quickly. 🙁

We’re sending purrs to Hilary and Marc today, as they remember Alex’s passing.

Peace.

7. Madi and Mom

Gracie that was a beautifully written letter to Alex and his peeps.
    I just love how you always have a heart with Alex on it in your pictures.
    Hugs Madi your bFFF

8. Annie

Gracie, what a beautiful girl you are, inside and out. I have to say I’m sorry I didn’t know Alex, especially after reading your sweet and heartfelt tribute. What a sweet love you two shared. I can’t imagine there’s a dry eye in the house after reading this.

9. da tabbies o trout towne

gracie…

..alex iz all ways talkin bout hiz veree veree veree speshull love oh hiz life….ewe…

we hurd him just de other day meowin bout how kewl hiz mom, dad, sister N wife…iz…R… & all ways will bee……him haz yur pick sure thru out hiz house…and hiz heart tag reeds…gracie….

this bee de honest…. trooth full lee….. trooth ….XOXOX

dude k, RB cloud 777313 & sauce of fishbone Rb cloud 777315

10. da tabbies o trout towne

pea ess….alex sends hiz love bak ten fold ta hiz mom, dad, sister lucy N his wife gracie….him misses everee one, but watches over everee one like 24/7…and him says…thanx mom & dad….for everee thing… & pleez ta rememburr, this wuz knot good bye….meer lee…until we meet again

~~~~~ we canna post on alex’s site…knot sure why ~~~~~~~

XOXO

11. Abby

Our eyes are still leaking from visiting Alex’s Mom tribute to him and now we are reading yours Gracie. So the leaking continues. We cannot believe it’s been a whole year. it is hard to see our friends leave for the RB. We are sending lots of purrs to you..

12. meowmeowmans

Gracie, that was a beautiful and special message for your dear Alex. We know you love and miss him very much, and know that some day you will be reunited.

Big hugs!

13. Ann Paws

Aww that was so sweet! I suppose I never had the chance to meet your Alex since I’m still new to this scene. He sure was handsome and sounds like a fine mancat husband 🙂

14. Kitties Blue

We’ve always wondered about Alex. As we started reading less than a year ago, that explains why we didn’t know him. And even though, Mom does read Feeling Beachie sometimes, she hadn’t noticed anything there. Gracie, we are so sorry for your loss. You certainly have remained faithful to Alex’s memory. That’s very commendable. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauridio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

15. Jackie

Oh Miss Gracie, what a bootiful letter to your Mr. Alex. It is so hard when our luved ones aren’t here with us.

Hugs and smoochy-faces to you,

Jackie

16. Maggie

Dear Ms. Gracie,
    After I lost my own dear Gracie recently, someone asked me if it was worth having a cat, because eventually there’s the pain of parting. I didn’t hesitate, and I know you wouldn’t either. Giving and receiving love is the greatest thing. In moments of sadness we have to concentrate on sweet memories of our dear friends.

xxoo and purrs
    Maggie

17. Caren Gittleman

Gracie that was a beautiful letter to Alex.
    We know you miss him terribly and we do too.
    We remember that day vividly and are filled with sadness.
    You had a special love though, that will endure forever!
    Love, Cody and Caren

18. Clooney

All our purrs to you sweet Gracie as you remember your wonderful Mancat Alex. That was such a touching post and our thoughts are with you and Alex’s family.