Thankful Thursday: The No Pass Rules

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!

While there are many things to be thankful for on a regular basis, it’s always nice to not overlook some obvious ones here.  I’ve mentioned at least one of these before, but we are all really thankful for the top three No Pass Rules at our place.

– Dad and Mom never walk past any of us without reaching out to give us a pet or a nose boink and we always appreciate the attention.

– Whenever one of us is on the bathroom brushing perch, which is anytime someone heads to the bathroom, Dad and Mom will always stop whatever they were doing and give us a nice brushing.

– Last, but not least, is litter box scooping.  With seven felines and multiple litter boxes, Dad or Mom will never pass a litter box that has been used without making sure it is cleaned out and ready for the next customer.

All seven of us are very thankful for such well trained humans!  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip!  Later!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

51 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday: The No Pass Rules

1. Marg

Yes, you kitties at that house have the best peoples that you could possibly find. You are such a lucky group. They sure take such good care of you. Hope you are all right after that darn storm last night. We are fine here. Have a great day.

2. Hilary

you guys are so lucky – the litter box part is so important – although lucy thinks that we are OCD with it. If we are home as soon as she gets out we clean. I watched my neighbor’s cats the other day and was shocked by their box. I felt so bad – obviously their parents aren’t like yours or lucy’s…

3. Katie Isabella

YOu feline family members are so fortunate to be so deeply loved. It makes me and mom very very happy. Mom loves me and all the ones who came before, like that too.

4. Tammy Sexton

Hello Brian!

My name’s Tammy and I’m the Marketing Coordinator at TheUncommonDog.com. I found your blog through Blog Paws and thought you might be interested in seeing a fun and engaging infographic we’ve created that focuses on dog safety during the hot summer months: http://www.theuncommondog.com/Images/infographics/dog-days-summer.jpg

If you like the infographic and want to share it with your readers please feel free to do so. The only thing we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog.com in someway from your post.

Also, definitely let me know if you do decide to post it because we’d be happy to spread the word about your blog by linking to your post from our Facebook page.

Big Tail Wag!
    Tammy Sexton
    Marketing Coordinator
    tammy@theuncommondog.com

5. Hannah and Lucy

We managed to train Mum very well as soon as we arrived here – it was quickly accomplished by nipping at her heels if she slacked off (we have two trays down and 2 in reserve at all times). The before cats has a sand latrene outside and while Lucy uses it (in fine weather) Hannah has never even glanced in – it is totally not “me” she says “and I’m not having sand between my toes!”

6. da tabbies o trout towne

dood…ewe guys haz de staff well trained…grate werk…ewe could probablee tour de earth N give lessonz ta all de food service peepulz in de hole werld !!! hope ewe enjoy yur day; stay kewl N haz fun 🙂

brush on =^..^=

7. Cathy Keisha

You guys really have your humans trained. My proverbial hats off to you. I made sure my peeps read the last one. TW needs a lot of help in that area. BTW, when I opened your blog, I sighed and Pop said “that can only be Brian or Spitty.” He knows I have a crush on you.

8. Timmy Tomcat

These are all so important things we are thankful for also in our own way. There are 6 here in a smallish area so attention to the little things really helps us to get along. We love our new Jumbo littler boxes that Dad does duty on after our duties, we get pets a plenty and we each have a special spot for attention, we are not into brushing so will say treats.
    Thanks Brian!

9. easy rider

It’s so nice that you always get a pet or a nose boink :o) I agree – it’s a lot of work to clean all the kittie-bathrooms. I’m thankful today that you found the best home and the best pawrents ever!

10. Madi and Mom

Brian you have done an excellent joy and hiring and training your staff!
    Bravo!! We have very similar rules here especially never ever, no never passing by with out whispering sweet nothings and head rubs. AND when I pass by my peeps I always rub their legs and meow my desires.
    Hugs Madi your BFFF

11. Sparkle

OMC, your humans are SO well-trained, Brian! You kitties should give yourselves paw pats on the back for doing such good work with them.

12. Gracie

So much to be thankful for especially your mom and dad. You certainly adopted a lovely family.
    I want to thank you for your kind thoughts and words when Olive, my niece, was so ill and had to run off to the bridge. It meant a lot to our family.

13. Miss Kitty

Those are some mighty fine rules in your home Brian. It just doesn’t get any better than this Buddy…Great Parents!
    Purrs & Hugs,
    Miss Kitty & Mum

14. Kitties Blue

Bet you all voted at Sparkle’s blog today for “servant.” You truly do have your humans particularly well-trained. We have to say that ours are definitely not as good as yours. That litter box deal is great; though, our humans would have to pretty much just stand by a couple of ours all day long ’cause at least one of us will climb in immediately after any box is scooped. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

15. emma

Sounds like your humans are well trained. Mom does do a lot of petting around our house too but the litterbox just gets scooped once a day…cats seem to be ok with that.

16. Catherine

You indeed have very well trained humans. LOL!
    Yup, always must kiss Banjo on top of the head when I pass by him. I am pretty sure he likes it…not… 😉
    xo Catherine

17. Spitty the Kitty

Wow, you really DO have your Human properly trained. But you didn’t mention their passing an empty (gasp) food plate? Do they replenish? Cause if not, you still have some more training to do.