Thankful Thursday: The No Pass Rules

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!

While there are many things to be thankful for on a regular basis, it’s always nice to not overlook some obvious ones here.  I’ve mentioned at least one of these before, but we are all really thankful for the top three No Pass Rules at our place.

- Dad and Mom never walk past any of us without reaching out to give us a pet or a nose boink and we always appreciate the attention.

- Whenever one of us is on the bathroom brushing perch, which is anytime someone heads to the bathroom, Dad and Mom will always stop whatever they were doing and give us a nice brushing.

- Last, but not least, is litter box scooping.  With seven felines and multiple litter boxes, Dad or Mom will never pass a litter box that has been used without making sure it is cleaned out and ready for the next customer.

All seven of us are very thankful for such well trained humans!  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip!  Later!

This entry was posted in adopt cats, Brian, thankful thursday and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to Thankful Thursday: The No Pass Rules

1. Adan & Lego says:

Your mom and dad are awesome and sweet~!

2. Simba says:

Your Mom and Dad are serious about being your servants, aren’t they?

3. Have a tremendous Thursday and yes we all should be thankful for our wonderfulm peeps.
    Best wishes Molly

4. Marg says:

Yes, you kitties at that house have the best peoples that you could possibly find. You are such a lucky group. They sure take such good care of you. Hope you are all right after that darn storm last night. We are fine here. Have a great day.

5. Hilary says:

you guys are so lucky – the litter box part is so important – although lucy thinks that we are OCD with it. If we are home as soon as she gets out we clean. I watched my neighbor’s cats the other day and was shocked by their box. I felt so bad – obviously their parents aren’t like yours or lucy’s…

6. It is important to train the humans early on – you guys did good.

7. Katie Isabella says:

YOu feline family members are so fortunate to be so deeply loved. It makes me and mom very very happy. Mom loves me and all the ones who came before, like that too.

8. Tammy Sexton says:

Hello Brian!

My name’s Tammy and I’m the Marketing Coordinator at TheUncommonDog.com. I found your blog through Blog Paws and thought you might be interested in seeing a fun and engaging infographic we’ve created that focuses on dog safety during the hot summer months: http://www.theuncommondog.com/Images/infographics/dog-days-summer.jpg

If you like the infographic and want to share it with your readers please feel free to do so. The only thing we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog.com in someway from your post.

Also, definitely let me know if you do decide to post it because we’d be happy to spread the word about your blog by linking to your post from our Facebook page.

Big Tail Wag!
    Tammy Sexton
    Marketing Coordinator
    tammy@theuncommondog.com

9. Whisppy says:

You did a great job training your Mom and Dad! We have managed to trained Mommy but Daddy’s a little tough.

10. We managed to train Mum very well as soon as we arrived here – it was quickly accomplished by nipping at her heels if she slacked off (we have two trays down and 2 in reserve at all times). The before cats has a sand latrene outside and while Lucy uses it (in fine weather) Hannah has never even glanced in – it is totally not “me” she says “and I’m not having sand between my toes!”

11. Pat Hatt says:

Pat has the litterbox one down, as soon as we go away it disappears. Sometimes don’t even have to bury it haha

12. Your Mom and Dad are better trained than ours!!

13. I LOVE THOSE RULES! They should be laws, or somethin’. Excuse me while I go call my MP.

Nissy

14. da tabbies o trout towne says:

dood…ewe guys haz de staff well trained…grate werk…ewe could probablee tour de earth N give lessonz ta all de food service peepulz in de hole werld !!! hope ewe enjoy yur day; stay kewl N haz fun :)

brush on =^..^=

15. prancer pie says:

Those are great rules!

We think more humans could do with some of these “No Pass Rules”!

16. Cathy Keisha says:

You guys really have your humans trained. My proverbial hats off to you. I made sure my peeps read the last one. TW needs a lot of help in that area. BTW, when I opened your blog, I sighed and Pop said “that can only be Brian or Spitty.” He knows I have a crush on you.

17. We love those rules! But we think that because you have such a wonderful mom and dad, they would do this anyway because they love you all so much and you are all so cute.

18. Sage says:

Wow, Brian. You have certainly trained your Mom and Dad really, really well!!

19. Timmy Tomcat says:

These are all so important things we are thankful for also in our own way. There are 6 here in a smallish area so attention to the little things really helps us to get along. We love our new Jumbo littler boxes that Dad does duty on after our duties, we get pets a plenty and we each have a special spot for attention, we are not into brushing so will say treats.
    Thanks Brian!

20. easy rider says:

It’s so nice that you always get a pet or a nose boink :o ) I agree – it’s a lot of work to clean all the kittie-bathrooms. I’m thankful today that you found the best home and the best pawrents ever!

21. Tamago says:

All these things are done with love from Mom and Dad! You have the best pawrents!!

22. mariodacat says:

You have such a wonderful family Brian. M & D do that to me – they always take time to pet me as they walk by and talk to me too.

23. Those sound like golden rules. Wait a minute! I thought you had five cats not seven. Can you make a list and post?

24. Madi and Mom says:

Brian you have done an excellent joy and hiring and training your staff!
    Bravo!! We have very similar rules here especially never ever, no never passing by with out whispering sweet nothings and head rubs. AND when I pass by my peeps I always rub their legs and meow my desires.
    Hugs Madi your BFFF

25. Nice rules. Our schools have a no pass no play rule. What happens if Mom or Dad break these rules?

26. Sparkle says:

OMC, your humans are SO well-trained, Brian! You kitties should give yourselves paw pats on the back for doing such good work with them.

27. Abby says:

Brian
    Those are wonderful things your Mom and Dad do!!!

28. those are good rules…..we will have to start trying to enforce them around here (ok – mom is pretty good about the first one)

29. Ann Paws says:

Wow guys – you sure do have a nice set of rules for your human! They sound super well-trained ;) You’re very lucky!

30. Gracie says:

So much to be thankful for especially your mom and dad. You certainly adopted a lovely family.
    I want to thank you for your kind thoughts and words when Olive, my niece, was so ill and had to run off to the bridge. It meant a lot to our family.

31. speedyrabbit says:

nice rules Brian,xx Speedy

32. Miss Kitty says:

Those are some mighty fine rules in your home Brian. It just doesn’t get any better than this Buddy…Great Parents!
    Purrs & Hugs,
    Miss Kitty & Mum

33. CATachresis says:

What’s the secret guys? You have your humans so well trained!! You must’ve had pretty good humans to start with!! :)

34. Quill says:

Dear Cod you have them well trained – litter clean out every time they pass!!

35. Sue Brandes says:

You are so lucky to have a mom and dad like that.

36. Kitties Blue says:

Bet you all voted at Sparkle’s blog today for “servant.” You truly do have your humans particularly well-trained. We have to say that ours are definitely not as good as yours. That litter box deal is great; though, our humans would have to pretty much just stand by a couple of ours all day long ’cause at least one of us will climb in immediately after any box is scooped. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

37. emma says:

Sounds like your humans are well trained. Mom does do a lot of petting around our house too but the litterbox just gets scooped once a day…cats seem to be ok with that.

38. Marilia says:

Have a excelent Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. That’s a really well-trained mom and dad! Good job, Brian.

40. You have fantastic rules in your house.

41. Sweet Brian you are all so lucky to have such a loving and caring mom and dad. Don’t wish all kitties were as lucky as you all and we are? Hugs and nose kisses

42. You have your humans well trained.

43. Catherine says:

You indeed have very well trained humans. LOL!
    Yup, always must kiss Banjo on top of the head when I pass by him. I am pretty sure he likes it…not… ;)
    xo Catherine

44. CATZOWEY! Your PAWrents rock! Would they likes to do a house call to me & myself here in San Franfuncisco?

45. Jackie says:

That sure is pawesome, Mr. Brian! What great rules!

Luvs,

Jackie

46. Wow, you really DO have your Human properly trained. But you didn’t mention their passing an empty (gasp) food plate? Do they replenish? Cause if not, you still have some more training to do.

47. After reading your post, I found a note Scooter sent to Alice: “Back to the drawing board. More training needed here.”

48. Timmy Tomcat says:

Hey we furgotted to welcome you to the Tabby Cat Club!
    WELCOME!