Thankful Thursday: The Comforts of Home

Angel Jami’s Call to Action: Help Kittens Basil & Pepper

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!

Hello friends! Yesterday was National Feral Cat Day and I’ve been thinking about that for a while now. Of course we are thankful we have the opportunity to help our ferals, but my sisters and I have something that they do not have. We have a home. I’m pretty sure our ferals consider our outside domain to be their home, but I’m talking about the part that is inside the house.

There are so many things the we are thankful for that make our house our home.  We have all the attention we want.  We have toys galore.  We have nice super soft blankets that constantly beg to be fluffed.  We are warm in the winter and cool in the summer.  There are warm and cozy cat beds scattered about along with cardboard scratchers and cat trees.  There is the big bed that our humans so willingly share with us if we’re in the mood to pile in.  We have a water fountain and multiple water bowls, and of course yummy food for breakfast and dinner.  We each have our brushes, although some of us like them more than others.  We’ve got lots of room to play Thundering Herds of Elephants whenever it’s time to romp n’ roll.  We’ve got great Bird-TV with occasional appearances by rabbits, ducks, geese, foxes, squirrels, frogs, turtles, dogs and our feral cat friends.  Most of all we have love and we give love, and that’s what makes our house a home.

So, today I’m thankful for all the all the comforts of home and I will be even more thankful when more homeless critters get to experience this joy. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip!  Later!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

38 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday: The Comforts of Home

1. Marg

We truly believe that the feral cats are so glad to have their shelters that you have provided for them and also that good food. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have anything so they surely feel like they have a home too. Glad all of you have such a good home and we are all so thankful for all the same things. Have a great day.

2. Coccolino

Aww Brian, you must be all better. That was a nice post to remind us all to be thankful. Our kitties are glad to be off the crazy Roman streets (and now an ocean away) and our pig…well…we THINK he is grateful for his food and cuddles though pigs want, want, want more 🙂

3. Nerissa's Life

Thundering Herd of Elephants? I have NEVER played that game but I think I’m gonna have to try. Sounds like fun.

Oh Peepers… I’m gonna need a few elephants…

Nissy

4. Hannah and Lucy

We know we are very lucky too and there are many cats who are sad as they don’t have furever homes. We wish we could do more but do try and support the causes closest to our hearts. Now we’ll teleport over and join in the fun of THoE.

5. da tabbies o trout towne

dood…lookin good buddy !!! that trout ya eated last week did rite bye ewe !! thiz bee a awesum post N rings veree troo with all oh uz….thanx for sharin N thanx two yur mom N dad az well for helpin yur feral friendz at yur place…heerz ta a grate week oh end ~~~

6. Gin and Bailey

Thank you for reminding us of all the things to be thankful for, including our special blogging buddies…you & your family are at the top of that list Brian…

7. Sparkle

There is so much to be thankful for! And I am also thankful for humans like yours, who look out for the neighborhood kitties who have no inside homes.

8. Kitties Blue

All of us kitties who are lucky enough to live in warm, comfortable, happy and loving homes are so fortunate, and we should be grateful each day. Brian, the photo of you is catabulous. You look both content and thankful. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

9. Dip Bridge & Elliot

It is so sad when we think of all the pets who do not have a good home.
    Everyone deserves to be loved and taken care of.
    We are very lucky that we have a family, aren’t we Brian.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

10. melody stamps

There’s no place like home! So impressed with how Thankful you are Brian! You are one Cool Cat! So glad you have a nice forever home and family! You do have a lot to be Thankful For…..

11. Angel Abby

Brian
    All of us, except Angel Abby knew what it was like to be discarded and abandoned outside, so we too feel gratitude at all the comforts of home. We wish all anipals had true forever homes.

12. Cathy Keisha

You are so right and so wise, Brian. It’s nice to see how much better you look. TW saw two little ferals in the park today. She almost got them to come to her but then they noticed she didn’t have food.

13. emma

My cats came from a shelter, so they know how lucky they are to have a wonderful home with everything they need. My sisters and I never had to suffer, so sometimes Mom tells us that we are spoiled and can’t appreciate it. She is glad we never had a “bad life”, but we could appreciate what we do have a bit more in her opinion.

14. GizmoGeodog

You’re right about how good you have it compared to the ferals…we had some here living under the house for a while and though I provided them food I always felt so bad that they didn’t have a nice comfy home to curl up in…And the same for pups…Gizmo definitely is living the good life and I always think of the pups that didn’t make it out of the shelter and those that are there now…I do remind him to be thankful for all he has