The Night Before Christmas 2013

I always seem to have new blog readers joining me so for those of you that are new, this is a tradition at Brian’s Home.  I read a special version of “The Night Before Christmas” to my sisters. And for my regular friends and followers, thanks for putting up with this one more time. Tradition is tradition after all!  There is no photoshop, that is my hat and beard.

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!(My sincere apologies to Clement Moore)

Twas the night before Christmas, we’re home in our house,
I thought I saw something, perhaps it’s a mouse.

Our stockings are hung just a bit up the stairs,
I swear I hear something, but I don’t know from where.

Mom and Dad are still sleeping with Zoe and Grace in the bed,
I ought to go wake them cause I saw something red.

Neither sis is moving, and neither is Dad,
I could wakeup mamma, but she might get mad.

When out in the back yard I heard such a crash
I think there’s a neighbor there stealing our trash.

I peeked out the window and tried hard to see,
I just can’t imagine just what it might be.

The moon sure was shinin’ on a wee bit of frost
I’m sure something’s out there, unless it got lost.

Then all of a sudden my eyes focused near, What’s that?  A sled?  Could those be reindeer?
Wait a minute I thought, as I held up my paws, I bet ya that fat guy must be Santa Claus.

The reindeer they saw me so closer they came,
And Santa started shoutin’ and yelled out their name.

He said “Dasher” then “Dancer” then “Prancer and “Vixen”
Then “Comet” then “Cupid” then “Donder” then “Blitzen”!

Then all of a sudden I stuck out my neck,
I just don’t believe it, they flew to the deck.

The dry leaves were rustling and the wind started to blow,
A zippin’, and scootin’ around the sky they did go.

They went to our roof and landed real hard,
And some toys from the sled ended up in the yard.

I heard something weird but it had a good beat,
By golly it’s tapping of those cute reindeer feet.

My tail was tucked in and I started to run,
When he fell down the chimney and started to hum.

It’s that same great big fat man, the one with the beard,
He looked and he winked and then he just sneered.

I think he’s got cat toys in that great big red sack,
I’m starting to like him, I’ll help him unpack.

He knelt to the floor as slow as he could,
I could tell by his eyes that this human was good.

He finally got down and spread out a mat,
Then invited me over and gave me a pat.

He said he likes kitties and all critters too,
I told him I loved him and gave him a mew.

He looked at our tree then opened that sack,
The toys were for us, nope, he can’t have them back!

He sure seemed so nice that I started to purr,
I looked at his pants, they’re all covered with fur.

Wait, here comes Sascha, Dolly, Precious and Kit, I hope that’s not bad,
Cause if they get scared they will wake Mom and Dad.

They came right on in and over they walked,
He said they were pretty, and they started to talk.

He finished unpacking then started to go,
But first said a prayer for Angels Ivan and Moe.

He went to the chimney and stuck out his hand,
Now boy that’s an exit all mighty and grand.

He jumped on his sled and gave the reindeer a shout
And then they took off, just what’s that all about?

You know what he said when the sled pulled away?
“Happy Christmas to kitties, adopt them you may!”

This entry was posted in adopt cats, Brian, holiday. Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to The Night Before Christmas 2013

1. That has made us feel all festive. Nice one.
    Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

2. Ann Staub says:

I think this is my first Christmas following your blog Brian but I just love your poem! Very sweet. And I do love your beard too :) Looks great on you!

3. Fuzzy Tales says:

We don’t “put up” with this, Brian, it IS a tradition! :-)

Merry Christmas to you all. Purrs and kitty kisses.

4. Lovely CATmas story , Brian !
    Wish you a meowmy furry CATmas with lot of joy
    !
    XOXO

5. Sushi says:

Merry Christmas, Brian. Here’s wishing you good health this coming year.

6. Marg says:

That is so great and we love reading it every year. You kitties are so darn lucky to have such a good Mom and Dad.
    A very Merry Christmas to all of you.

7. That’s a wonderful tradition!!! Merry Christmas!

8. Brian really seems to be enjoying the beard or hat – what a good sport.

9. We always hope this will be on your blog on Christmas Eve. Happy Christmas to you all.

10. Hilary says:

I look forward to this post every year…. Have a very Merry Christmas!!! Love you all!

11. Coccolino says:

Brian, you’re just the best! What a wonderful brother you are. Have a very Merry Christmas, you look great!

12. Annie says:

Wonderful! This is a great tradition! Merry Christmas Eve!

13. Sailor Edgar says:

I enjoyed that very much!

14. Pat Hatt says:

Look at you go once more with the flow. Merry Christmas to all at your kitty show

15. Angel Abby says:

We enjoy that every Christmas Eve Brian!

Glædelig jul og godt nytår
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

16. Gin and Bailey says:

We love reading it every year…..& Brian you make a very festive Santa! Merry Christmas Eve!

17. CCL Wendy says:

Extremely well done! Thank you Brian. No one could ever tire of such a great story, especially when it’s stars all of you kitties.

By the way, you may get a kick out of the post on Dante’s blog today which is titled: Dante and Sascha: Home for Christmas.

MERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY CHRISTMAS!

18. Katie Isabella says:

Oh Brian, I T- Totally LOVED this. VERY much. PLEASE always keep with this tradition.

19. Penelope says:

Dearest Brian
    It would NOT be Christmas without Mommy reading your Night Before Christmas to us!!
    Sending You and Yours all the Bests wishes for Christmas, from Us and Ours!
    Kisses
    Nellie, Kozmo, Jo-Jo and the Hairy Slobbery Sisters – Bob and Cinnamon
    and Mommy

20. da tabbies o trout towne says:

we hi jacked a mobile dee vise two day ta say merry christmas
    ta all R werd press palz. merry christmas guys… if we get busted
    thiz post be werth it!!!

21. Whisppy says:

That’s a great tradition to have, Brian. :)
    Merry Christmas , everyone!

PS/ We have received your Christmas card. Thank you!

22. Merry Christmas to you and yours from Deb, Dan, Harley, Zee, Zoey, Mia, Peanut, Rolz, Kizmet, and our Angel, Mr. Jazz

23. speedyrabbit says:

Merry christmas Love this post,xx Speedy

24. The OP Pack says:

Brian, this is our first time hearing your beautiful story – we loved it and we hope to hear it again next year.

We wish you all a very happy and blessed Christmas Day – enjoy!

Woos – Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

25. We never get tired of your Night Before Christmas, Brian! Merry Christmas Eve!

26. Sparkle says:

I love your Christmas tradition, Brian, and I am glad you do it every year!

27. Maggie says:

Thank you for making me smile. And touching my heart all year long.
    Merry Christmas!
    xxoo

28. Sammy says:

WE LOVE YOUR VERSION!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a GREAT night!
    Love, Pam and Sammy

29. This is our fave tradition! We wish you the warmest holiday purrs of love and peace. We’re not blogging today but will be back with a Christmas wish tomorrow.

30. Cathy Keisha says:

Appaws! Appaws! Thank you for repeating that. It never gets old.

31. meowmeowmans says:

Your Christmas tradition has become one of our traditions, Brian. Merry Christmas, dear ones!

32. Mag's Corner says:

Oh, sweet Brian we haven’t and won’t tire of reading it. You sure look cute in your Santa hat and beard you should get extra treats for posing in it for such a nice picture. Merry Christmas so you all our sweet friends. Hugs and nose kisses

33. Oh Brian we never get tired of hearing that story. It is one of our all time favorites.

34. Clooney says:

We always love and enjoy The Night Before Christmas with you Brian! Sending you all the best Christmas wishes for good health for all you kitties and we hope your holidays are really special!

xoxo
    Clooney Claus & Neytiri

35. We love your Christmas tradition! Merry Catmas!

36. Brian, A great Christmas tradition, especially the part about saying a prayer for the angel kitties. Merry Christmas.

37. Yippee for tradition! Merry Christmas to you all!!

38. Apawz Apawz Brian!! Diz iz pawsum poo-em ya reecited n me n Mum fink ya iz so clever n smart!! We lub diz tradishun fer shure!!
    Merry Catmess frum me Nylablue n Mum to all of ya dere…purrleeze have a guud day n enjoy yer toyz n treetz n bemember we care ;)
    Lub Nylablue n Sherriellen Mum xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

39. Flynn says:

I look forward to this tradition every year Brian.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

40. Sue Brandes says:

Loved the story. Merry Christmas.

Charlie,Cashew,Garfield,Tubby

41. Merry Christmas!!
    XOXO
    Maggie May and The Creek Cats

42. We sure do agree with his parting sentiment! What an adventure Brian!! Meowy Catmas to you all!!

43. Meowy Catmas!

We are so happy you’re all here and (relatively) healthy!

Eat (ham) drink (cream) and Sniff Nip!!

Love, The Katnip Lounge Kats and Mommy Trish

44. Adan * Lego says:

Merry Christmas to each one of you~!!

45. emma says:

You don’t look real happy in your hat and beard, but you do look cute and I love your story, that is that best Christmas story I have read this year! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

46. There is magic here…….

Merry Chtistmas, and thank you.

Harvey, Miranda and Silver

47. Kitties Blue says:

Mommy says she can’t get enough of all the various versions of the traditional Christmas stories and songs. They all make her smile. She really liked the end of your version. She was so happy to read in the newspaper today that our local no-kill shelter made 100 adoptions during the holidays. Yippee! Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo